Office for Clinical and Academic Affairs
Each year several foundations invite HMS faculty and postdocs to apply for limited submission fellowships and grants. Interested investigators must first apply for the HMS nomination through the HMS Foundation Funds, and a committee will select the final candidates to submit applications to the foundations
HMS Foundation Funds Spring Awards 2021
Applications Due: March 5th
- Rita Allen Foundation Scholars Award
- Brain Research Foundation Scientific Innovations Award
- Breast Cancer Alliance Exceptional Projects Grants
- Breast Cancer Alliance Young Investigator Grants
- W.T. Grant Scholars Program
- Greenwall Faculty Scholars Program
- Karin Grunebaum Cancer Research Foundation Faculty Fellowship
- Charles H. Hood Foundation Major Grants Initiative in Child Health
- Edward Mallinckrodt, Jr. Foundation Grant\
- Herbert W. Nickens Faculty Fellowship
- Pew Scholars Program
- Searle Scholars Program
Faculty interested in applying for any of the awards listed above can apply for the HMS nomination by submitting an application online by: Friday, March 5th
For more information please visit the HMS Foundation Funds Program.
Please direct all inquiries to Clare Lamont, Office of the HMS Dean for Clinical and Academic Affairs, 617-432-7463, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply now to the NIMHD Health Disparities Research Institute 2021!
The National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD) will host the Health Disparities Research Institute (HDRI) virtually August 9-13, 2021.
- Open Application Cycle: Monday, February 1, 2021, 9:00 a.m. ET to Monday, March 8, 2021, 5:00 p.m. ET.
The HDRI aims to support the research career development of promising early-career minority health and health disparities research scientists, and to stimulate research in disciplines supported by health disparities science.
The program will feature:
- Lectures on minority health and health disparities research
- Mock grant review
- Seminars and small group discussions
Please note that applications will only be accepted from extramural scientists who meet NIH’s Early Stage Investigator (ESI) eligibility criteria. Also, NIH and HHS staff, including persons in fellowships/training at NIH or an HHS agency, are not eligible to apply.
All applications must be submitted via the HDRI online application system by the due date; emailed applications will not be accepted. Applicants are encouraged to apply before the deadline since late submissions will not be accepted.
For questions or more information, email HDRI@nih.gov
last updated 2/9/2021